Friday, January 8, 2010

First time for everything

Today I put into action one of my main goals for the year ahead, which is to tone up and get fit. I went to a place I thought I had confined to only my most horrific of nightmares........... The gym! Considering that last time I visited one (at least two years ago) I managed to fall off a stationary bike and ended up with a bruise the size of my hand on my calf, I though this was quite brave of me. Anyway I ended up having a great time, I think I finally get what all the middle-aged-women magazines mean when they go on about endorphins, even though I left dripping with sweat, red as a tomato and incredibly stinky (my dad insisted on covering the car seat with a towel and discreetly wound down his window). Anyway the reason as to why this has some sort of relevance to my fashion blog, is that my gym membership has created a big problem. GYM CLOTHES! I did a post on this about a year ago, but I am still clueless when it comes to how to make running shorts, singlets and sneakers look at all stylish. Maybe I should dress like this:


so my clothes can take the attention away from my poor running/cycling/rowing/anything physical skills. Ok maybe not. Anyone got any suggestions?


Before I braved the gym I headed out to coffee (well, strawberry milkshake) with my friend, and ended up having to lug bags of groceries the never ending (10 min) walk home, while wearing this:



But tragedy struck just before I walked out the door:



My *fake* pearls broke!!!!!! Hopefully I can re-thread them, this is definitely one of my favourite necklaces.

3 comments:

  1. I love it
    Follow me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i love the gym - cute skirt x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool outfit. Love the skirt.

    http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete