Thursday, June 11, 2009

I'd like to be under the sea...


My new reason to be alive:
Romance Was Born!

Anna Plunkett and Luke Sales: making me proud to be Australian. Together they are changing the direction of Australian fashion, taking risks and not being afraid to turn their wacky ideas into runway shows.


Romance Was Born was by far the highlight of last months Australian Fashion week, with their deep sea inspired collection providing a refreshing distraction from the current grey cloud that seems to be hanging over the country. Featuring items such as a knitted squid headpiece, crocheted beards, shell encrusted bum-bags and oyster patterned shorts, with an underwater cove of treasures as the backdrop, the collection represented what I believe fashion is all about; having fun! I won't go into a rant about the economic downturn, but I think it is important to remember that fashion can be used as a way to escape and bring joy to a society that is feeling very down in the dumps.



Enjoy!

Knitted squid heapiece- perfect for the freezing winter ahead

Crocheted Tutu!!!

Grandma fashion..... :)

Bringing back the fishtail

(note the mermaid Dolly Parton in the background)

There are no words to describe how I feel about the above...

The genius duo

No comments:

Post a Comment